27 May Secrets and Beans
Posted at 19:08h in Blog, Books 11 Comments
Now that we’ve already established that I’m horrible at keeping secrets and good at spilling the beans and now that many of you have already finished reading The Progeny (so many of you devoured it in hours!) I’m here to dish some more (but no spoilers–I promise. And please, no one add any in the comments!)
- I carried the first line of this book around with me for about five years before I knew what story it went to. I did that with Iscariot, too.
- Piotrek is a name briefly mentioned in the first edition of Demon: A Memoir.
- Erasing memories using light is actually a thing… that may be a bigger thing in the future. Read about it HERE.
- I love Greenville, Maine. The names of the restaurants are made up–one of which (The Limit) was picked from suggestions offered by my readers on Facebook.
- The whole thing about Audra’s bike crash scars… yeah. That’s me. As is the thing about Attila.
- A man sitting next to Audra in one scene is reading a Steven James novel. A character in one of Steven James’ novels is reading a Tosca Lee novel. You can also find a character reading Demon: A Memoir in one of James Rubart’s novels.
- They really do serve coffee with little shots of water in Croatia. I think you’re supposed to drink the water first. Or at least, that’s what I did.
- All the details about Lubenice on Cres island are true.
- Everything about the tunnels beneath Budapest is true.
- Yeah, I loved coming up with all the costumes (which was your favorite?)
- Two of Audra’s major clues are on the front and back cover.
- Pay attention to the map!
- Two characters alive at the end of Book 1 do not survive Book 2.
If you were a character from The Progeny, who would you be? Find out here:
Take the Quiz and share your results on Twitter!
Lonnie StudtPosted at 21:11h, 31 May
This has nothing to do with the book, but while in Croatia did you visit the 230 foot Sea Musical Organ that looks like steps but when the waves roll in makes beautiful music?? This is on my bucket list of things to see before I die. I hope, hope, hope you saw it and can tell me if I should book my trip to Croatia now! (I’m not quite finished with the book so will comment about that later) 🙂
toscaPosted at 22:28h, 02 June
I didn’t, but I’ve seen videos of it! Fascinating and beautiful.
Angi BittlePosted at 13:13h, 31 May
Just finished Tje Progeny and loved it. Can’t wait to read what happens next.
After the last page of Acknowledgements (iBooks) it says “Audra’s journey continues this spring”. This spring?? Do you have a release date for the second book yet?
toscaPosted at 22:28h, 02 June
Thank you, Angi! And yes–it comes out in February. Not sure which day yet (it’ll be a Tuesday–new books always release on a Tuesday). More details in weeks and months to come!
Ashley P.Posted at 20:21h, 28 May
I picked up on the Steven James novel right off.
Author cameos are so fun .^.^
Jameka MusiqPosted at 23:11h, 27 May
Now I see what everyone else meant. That last one. Why why why!!! I do love when a character in a movie or a book is reading a book by someone else.mim always staring at bookshelves in the background and seeing what’s on them. The thing about Maine is cool. I would love to see more pictures like the ones on your Pinterest. Ones of the styles of the underground. I love the idea of masquerade parties every night. Music pulsing and dancing the night away. Are there any other places you would love to write about?
toscaPosted at 18:20h, 28 May
Oh Gosh, Jameka, so many places and times. And so many places I’d love to make up, too! I really want to get back to Arthurian England one of these days.
Karen AviahPosted at 20:47h, 27 May
Me either, Josie!
toscaPosted at 21:55h, 27 May
Josie SilerPosted at 20:05h, 27 May
That last fact does not make me happy! 🙁
toscaPosted at 21:53h, 27 May